The master is organized in 4 periods:
- 1st semester: 15 September-15 January year 1
- 2nd semester: 15 February-15 June year 1
- 3rd semester: 15 September-15 January year 2
- 4th semester: 15 February-15 June year 2
You will study in Udine in the 1st and 2nd semester. You will move to Klagenfurt in the 3rd semester. You’ll prepare the thesis in the 4th semester (either in Udine or in Klagenfurt, according to your choice of subjects).
In UDINE you have to pass 4 mandatory exams:
- Algorithms and Complexity (6CFU) – 1st semester
- Automated Reasoning (6CFU) – 1st semester
- Information Retrieval (6CFU) – 2nd semester
- Distributed Systems (9CFU) – 2nd semester
Plus one (of 6CFU) from the set S consisting of the four 6CFU courses
- Applied Statistics and Data Analysis (1st),
- Network Science (1st),
- Logics for Informatics (1st),
- Operations Research (2nd)
Then in Udine you have to choose 15 CFUs among a long list of courses (LIST 1) including courses of S—plus other 12 CFUs at your choice (in the same list or other courses delivered by the University).
You have to obtain then (at least) 30 CFU in the courses offered in Klagenfurt (LIST 2 below) in the 3rd semester.
24 CFUs (in Klagenfurt) among the following:
- Business Information Systems (12 CFU)
- Distributed Multimedia Systems (12 CFU)
- Knowledge and Data Engineering (12 CFU)
- Information and Systems Security (12 CFU)
- Software Engineering 1 (12 CFU)
6 CFUs (in Klagenfurt) among the following:
- Business Information Systems 2 (6 CFU)
- Distributed Multimedia Systems 2 (6 CFU)
- Knowledge and Data Engineering 2 (6 CFU)
- Information and Systems Security 2 (6 CFU)
- Software Engineering 2 (6 CFU)
Courses in Klagenfurt are sometimes split in subunits of 4CFUs each. You have to put them together for reaching the above CFUs for each area.
The 4th semester is devoted to the thesis preparation. Two supervisors will assign a subject and follow you work (one in Udine and one in Klagenfurt). There are some intermediate steps that are slightly different if you decide to physically stay mainly in Klagenfurt or in Udine in this semester (privatissimum seminars on the one side, two advanced lab projects on the other side). These details will be clear when you’ll reach this semester.